Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Thursday, September 01, 2005

There’s something about Barneysaurus.Blogspot.Com



According to an independent and wholly unreliable research conducted by me, myself and Iamme, everyone has a super hero to look up to.

For some, it’s Superman, Batman or Spidey. For others, it may be Mickey, Winnie, or *ahem* Hello Kitty. You also have people who find inspiration in real people such as Mother Theresa, Santa Claus and Tinky Winky.

My super hero, on the other hand, is Barney.

Unfortunately, this makes me the subject of misdirected ostracism because all my friends don’t like me that fellow too much. Their reasons include:

1) He is fat.
2) And bald.
3) He dances around kids naked.
4) He is of a different skin color.
5) His teeth are too straight. (what the?!?!)

Parents probably curse and swear every time their kids force them to buy over-priced Barney products. I also bet these very same kids are going to spend the rest of their lives denying that they spent their childhood singing along to ‘I Love You’ once they reach puberty.

And that makes Barney ultimately a tragic figure: it’s inevitable that he will be hated by everyone someday.

But Barney, he is one hell of a strong fellow. He is happy despite the daily dose of scorn, humiliation and misery he suffers. He is persistently optimistic: I think even if you slap him around and set his tail on fire, he will still smile and try his best to make everybody happy. He reminds me uncomfortably of someone I know rather well.

And that is why Barney is my super hero. This blog is dedicated to that purple dino, and all the assorted underdogs in the world.

“You know what?” commented an old friend after I told her about the name of this blog, “Your profile pic makes me sick. Nobody is going to read something as lame as Barneysaurus. Gays maybe, but not me.”

Being the good friend I am, I have decided to get her a Barney VCD for her coming birthversary.

Signing off, Barneysaurus

8 Comments:

Blogger Adrenaline said...

i swear if u ever do this to me, i will force feed you with lizards and stuff my doggie's poo into your ears. muahahah ...

Friday, September 02, 2005 2:58:00 PM

 
Blogger kim said...

:D :D :D

Surprisingly, I had no idea Barney existed till 4 years ago when my mei started watching it. And yes, I sang along with the "I Love You" past my puberty.

I thought there were only Sesame Street and Power Rangers.

Guess I had a deprived childhood.

Saturday, September 03, 2005 9:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

I'll be frank. I don't like Barney. People that are too happy need their brains checked. I suspect he is the reason why 30 million years of evolutionary progress came to a sudden screeching halt. And the fact that Barney is purple, gay and damnably irritating contributed to mass suicides in the Creataceous period.

I loved The Electric Company, Sesame Street, Smurfs, Powerpuff Girls and the A-Team. And for someone who really rocks, look no further than Buttercup. She's all I ever want. Grins.

Sunday, September 04, 2005 4:08:00 AM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Adrienne: Alright, I'll get you the Barney DVD instead then ;)

Kim: I used to be scared of Sesame Street because I found Big Bird intimidating :D!

Green Ogre: No worries Shrek! Here at Barneysaurus, we don't discriminate against people with differing views. Let us be happy! Muahahah...

Sunday, September 04, 2005 10:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

hahahah...bloody hell, ur entry made my day! at least barney can trample on someone if they ill-treat him, so dun ever be a rug for another person! (cos u probably 200kg away from being a trampler...)

Sunday, September 04, 2005 6:21:00 PM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

lol. thankfully i have never watched barney b4.

purple dinosaur!

Monday, September 05, 2005 1:37:00 PM

 
Blogger clueless said...

barney!!

haha..okie.. though i dun like barney.. but i'll still read ur blog! haha.. ;)

n even after reading.. i still wont like barney.. e PURPLE dino.. who is crazy.. coz he's smiling all e time! who can b smiling all e time..gosh..

Monday, September 05, 2005 5:59:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

AKK: I can't imagine how it will be like if Barney gets pissed off!

Nad: Oh trust me, you wouldn't want to!

Clueless: I see you are an ardent Barney-Hater. It's ok! But remember to try smiling all the time! Muahahah....

Monday, September 05, 2005 8:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.