Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

There’s something about How Suay I Am Part I



Rationals say luck is nothing but a hogwash concept. The miscellaneous suay events that had occurred to me suggest otherwise:


Incident #01:
I applied for an internet connection when I just started poly, which was like donkey years ago. I was so excited when the starter kit arrived, I did the installation and dial up despite the fact it was raining really hard that day.

Then the unthinkable happened: I saw a bright flash of lightning, heard a loud clap of thunder, and saw my monitor went blank.

I was later told by the PC repair guy that my internal modem, together with the other stuff in my Com Port, got fried. I blame the faulty lightning arresters at my old one-room rented HDB apartment for that. I only got to surf from home three years later when I saved up enough for a new PC.


Incident #02:
They say lightning never strike on the same spot twice. Rubbish. My seriously injured second PC and dead second modem proved that theory wrong.


Incident #03:
When I shifted into my new place, I decided I had enough of line connections, and decided to go for cable broadband instead. I paid for the plan and installed the modem, only to find out that I couldn’t connect to the internet. And it wasn’t even raining that day.

The Starhub staff told me apologetically that they had overlooked the fact that the cabling for my flat, a new estate, was not done. And they had no definite date as to when the cabling will be completed. Damn.


I think that’s enough suayness for one blog entry. I haven’t even start on the time when I almost got hit by a bus when I was in the waiting area of an interchange. Maybe next time.

Signing off, Barneysaurus

7 Comments:

Blogger Green Ogre said...

Wahliao, you are really suay. In all my time of tinkering around computers, or fixing them up for others, I have never experienced a lightning strike.

You should safeguard your computer by getting a good power supply that will stop the surges.

Technically, the last incident does not count as suay. That one's more like wrong assumptions.

Hehe, sorry, just quibbling.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:09:00 PM

 
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

omigosh. you should go burn some incense or joss sticks,or get yourself a rabbit's foot (actually, just get yourself a rabbit).

my suayness usually involves parking tickets/attendants. and sometimes, the traffic police. heh.

eh. so that means i can't link here at all?? you're horrible. deleting my comment and all. how, like that? shall i EMAIL you my comments, then? >:P

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:42:00 PM

 
Blogger kim said...

Swayness on its best form! Unbelievable. Wahahaha..

Maybe you should try to change the fengshui of your house or something. It cant get any worse, can it?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 2:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

You are the ultimate "Suay-Sin" (suay god)!! hahah ....

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 2:38:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Green Ogre: Yup, damn suay. I've got surge protectors now, heh heh....

Spyda: Muahaha... you know why I had to delete it ;) And traffic police?!?!? You'll make great pals with my pals.

Kim: Maybe the old house fengshui bad lah. Current one good leh! Haha....

Adrienne: I shall not be selfish, and try my best to pass some of my luck to you :)

Bochup: USG$75 for a 1 inch violation?!?! Damn sian. And oh! I recently got a cup of hot water with dirty residuals from the vending machine after I pressed 'Milo'. Damn.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:34:00 PM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

omg. poor boy.

/me passes barney a rabbit's foot for good luck.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 12:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

hehehe.....i must be a female barney also......

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:03:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.