Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Sunday, February 19, 2006

There’s something about Every Thing Is Changing And I Don’t Know Why



After a period of self-imposed abstinence from the evils of MSN, Blogger, and the Internet in general, I was convinced that the world took a turn for the worse in my absence after I saw the following pic in my Inbox.


Image hosting by Photobucket
We are Hello Kitties but we promise not to serve you cat food, heh heh


I tried to tell myself that the madness will never spread to Singapore because we are boring straight-laced, pragmatic, and sensible people. That is, until I found the most ultimate vending machine in the entire universe. Right there in Fort Canning.


Image hosting by Photobucket
I am ultimate! I serve both Coke and Pepsi!


In the same afternoon, I was to witness for myself the evolution of marketing. Last time we had Good Buys. Then we had Best Buys. All these pales in comparison with what we have now:


Image hosting by Photobucket
The most heroic marketing gimmick ever


I am so proud of being a marketing student :)

Signing off, Barneysaurus

11 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

LOL! Hero buy! hahaha

and i can't imagine myself in that hello kitty flight with all the "kids"...

Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

heng got fat fingers tell me in the comment. cos it's just a blank sqaure in ur entry.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:15:00 PM

 
Blogger OLLie said...

HERO BUY!! Muahahhahahahhaa.. If you were ever to market your products under hero buy, I tell you, I will siam far far away from it.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:39:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Fingers: Actually, I dun really mind being on the Kitty flight cos the 3rd stewardess from the left quite cute, keke.... :D!

AKK: See! IBM cannot make it! SONY RULES :D!

Ollie: I was like "What the?!?!?!" when I saw the tag. Damn creative.

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

must be some chao ah-beng who wrote the sign. hero buy?! *shakes head* what is happening to the world sia... >.<

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

luckily u're not in advertising. if not, i may get to see lame, moronic ads of your work.

*shudders*

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:16:00 AM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Heh heh. I loved the hero buy thingy. Next time must come out all my super patterns when doing sale. "V12 engine 900 bhp buy! Got sound got bite. How come you don't buy?"

And I'm wondering about the vending machine supplier. If I'm not wrong, coke and pepsi should not coexist. Maybe Pepsi grew so big that it's bought over coke, but then I'm sure I'd know. Or the guy's a double agent. I'm sure that Pepsico has assassins out hunting for him.

And you'll be glad to know that the "Hello Kitty" plane model sells really well too, minus the cute stewardesses.

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:40:00 AM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

believe it or not. i was crazy over hello kitty a loooooooooooong time ago.

thank god im over that phrase.

now, dont blackmail me with that info. where's your yummilicious friend!

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:47:00 AM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Ensui: Hard to say! It might be the brainchild of a MBA :D!

Adrenaline: If I do end up in advertising, I promise my ads will be so moronic, you're remember them :)

Greenie: Muahaha, it's not known as the Ultimate Vending Machine for nothing! ANd man, your sales pitch damn power.

Nad: Muahaha, everyone who read this can blackmail you with that info ;)

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Eh do you know there's this Gbuy from google? Works like paypal. LoL. And hero buy is a lil trying too hard can. Haha.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:10:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Yah, I heard about the GBuy thingy.... Eh, kinky sounding name? Muahahah :D!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:48:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.