Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Sunday, January 22, 2006

There’s something about Why It’s Tough Being A Guy

So I was reading Adrienne Adrenaline’s post about why it’s better being a man. Like those dead wise men love to say, the grass is always chewier on the other side, so I shall attempt to alleviate my friend’s pain and envy by highlighting some points as to why it’s tough being a guy sometimes.


1) We are deemed losers if we don’t drive.
According to what I read on the web these days, the Car is one of the quintessential pre-requisites before you are in consideration as Boyfriend/Husband material. By that definition, I’m doubly a loser because not only do I not have a car, I haven’t even started my driving lessons yet. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that in lieu of the car, B3 will accept my Kar Chng.

2) We get weirdoes staring at our you-know-what sometimes.
The convenience of peeing into the urinal is fine and dandy. Unfortunately, there are occasions when your overly friendly neighbor tries to strike up a conversation at the most inappropriate of times. Sorry, but I am not really interested in ‘making friends’ with you mid-way through my pee.

3) We are faulted when we display a lack of ambition.
During orientation, my class was asked where do we see ourselves in 10 years’ time. A babelicious classmate confidently answered Tai Tai. The nearest male equivalent my friends and I can think of is Tai Tai’s Lover Boy, which is simply not as glam.

4) We get ridiculed because of the body hair that sprouts from the weirdest of places.

5) We get ridiculed because of the lack of body hair.

6) We face a lose-lose situation at Horror Movies.
An involuntary squeal from us, and that’s it: We’ll be deemed as Ah Guas.

7) Come to think of it, we face a lose-lose situation at Teary Movies too.
When we don’t cry, we are deemed as ‘cold-hearted’ and ‘non-metrosexual’ (what the?!?!). When we cry, we are Ah Guas. Walau.

8) We get multiple orgasms on a regular basis.
Yah right.


I really should be doing my tutorials instead.

Signing off, Barneysaurus

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

lol... there is always something else distracting when it comes to work. it happens all the time, dude, all the time. >.<

btw, i have one more point to contribute: we get all kinds of 'lose-lose' questions from our girlfriends eg "am i fat?", "how do i look?" etc etc *grins* :D

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

i didn't think you're a loser when you don't drive. I juz thot of you as one when you are unable to get the simplest directions right.

Hey, it's quite glam if u get to become a Tai Tai's lover boy. But the truth is, i doubt very much you qualify as one.

And irregardless of how you behave at movies, u're an Ah Gua to me =)

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Haha, life seems so cham anyway you look it it. I want to be cockroach, then I can just be annoying. Come to think of it, I might already be Cockroach Boy!

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:50:00 AM

 
Blogger kim said...

No leh. Guys who cant drive are alright mar. Just that girls who can drive might laugh at you la. Hahaha..

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Champion Chen said...

being a woman is better than being a man...cos men die earlier, so we get to cash in on his life insurance.

moreover when women buy a vibrator it's ok..but when men buy a blow up doll it's pathetic...

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Sobs.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 11:26:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Ensui: There's too much of those trap questions! Haha....

Adrenaline: Walau, I'm born with a lousy sense of direction can? I'm trsining very hard to become a lover boy, keke....

Greenie: Be more ambitious. Be a Flying Cockroach Boy :D!

Kim: I sense someone who is able to drive lauging at me now lor. Hao Lian :D!

Peiqi: I've always thought of vibrators as dangerous objects! Imagine if you get electrocuted, it's gonna be damn paiseh when it comes to autopsy time :D!

Zhe Bin: Aha! You Ah Gua!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:48:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Grace: Haha, actually I got that point from Adrenaline's blog! Haha... you and Wen ah, elicit lots of envy ah ;).....

Saturday, January 28, 2006 12:16:00 PM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

shouldnt u be writing about why it is better to be a purple dinosaur than being a human? ;)

Monday, January 30, 2006 6:53:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.