Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

There’s something about That Canon IXUS 55



Hello boys and girls!

Yes, I was MIA for the whole of last week because my balance in life was rather unsettled by three papers. The reason why I’m blogging now is not because the exams have ended, but rather because I’m totally immersed in a holiday mood already.

The sad thing is that I shouldn’t be in a celebratory mood because of the following reasons:


1) I still have one more paper to go. Tomorrow. And I haven’t really started revising. Why the hell am I on Blogger now?!?!?!

2) I’m still struggling just to complete the damn 21km this morning. And the damn marathon is coming in 3 weeks’ time?!?!? I need divine intervention.

3) My addiction to Spider Solitaire is getting from bad to worse. Which is usually the case when it comes to exam revision time. It got so bad in the past I actually made the painful decision of deleting both Minesweeper and Pinball from my comp a few exams back. But the fact I’m getting really good at SpiSol (Four Suits) makes it really difficult for me to hit the delete button this time. Damn you Bill Gates. You have nerdified me.

4) A project mate just told me she has returned my When Harry Met Sally DVD. Which is like weird because I can’t find it anywhere in my place ok? Damn. This reminds me of the Timmy Thomas (you know, that Dying Inside to Hold You guy?) cassette that a secondary school mate (note that I didn’t use the word ‘friend’ here) borrowed on a permanent basis. This being a family-friendly blog, I am trying my best to refrain from typing that string of vulgarities that is invading my otherwise innocent mind.

5) I am going back to work on Friday. Yes, just a day after my paper. There is no holiday for me. On the bright side, I am awaiting that super duper fat paycheck that will fund my Christmas wishlist, heh heh. . . . Speaking of which, I’ve sold off my digicam because I am eyeing a super duper nice model my old digicam died on me. Friends of Barneysaurus, this is by no means a hint, but I once read this saying by this very wise and very dead mystic that goes something like: “Generosity breeds good karma”. Or something like that.


I shall now log off blogger and turn mugger instead.

Signing off, Barneysaurus

P.S. Adreinne and gang, I really am not trying to hint about the super-duper-nice-Canon-IXUS-55-which-looks-really-slick-and-have-super-duper-nice-functions. Really. Though it makes a hell of a nice gift. It does really.

17 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

WAHAHAHA..

I'm addiced to Spider Solitiare too.. :( I will just turn my chair around and play one round before going back to my notes. *shakes head* It's really bad for my exams.

Anyhow, JIAYOU for your last paper!! Goodlucks!

p/s: No wonder you are a dino. So damn thick the hide.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:32:00 PM

 
Blogger callandor said...

good luck for your paper and if u want the timmy thomas song on mp3 i have :D

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Vera said...

wah! i also want a new camera!! how much is that selling in SG now? the cameras here are more ex!
Mr Fat Fingers and I are on a tight budget! So we are sharing to get one for ME ahahahhahaahahahaha :D

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:08:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Bochup: I'm about 10 hours from my paper, and here I am replying to comments again! Damn, haha.... And yes, games always appear more captivating when you have the least time to play. For my mahjong addicted friends though, that urge to play is perpetual!

Kim: It is very thick indeed :) I nourish it with volcano ash once in a while to keep it firm and supple :) Haha... good luck for your papers too!

Callandor: I got liao, but thanks :)!

Fingers: It's officially retailing at SGD$699, and the lowest I can find is a quotation of $618. I'm not getting it here though, haha... will talk about it in another entry ;)

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:51:00 PM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

BARNEY!

after ur exams hor, u either owe me a date! or with one of your yummilicious friends!

grrr.

and btw, ganbatte for exams!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:31:00 AM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

official complain on you!

grrr.

http://nadnut.liquidblade.com/?p=1239

Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ha! When i was still in uni, i was also badly addicted to Spider Solitaire! My housemates would walk into my room and ask, "Don't you ever get sick of that game?!"

About the camera, i totally understand that u're not hinting me and gang to get you one. So we definitely won't get you any.

But actually, i really do need a digital cam. So i'm not hinting; im telling you that i need one. Being such a good friend with such a nice colour, i know you will get one for me =)

Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:40:00 PM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

eh, too bad LX taken. if not can intro to nadnut. hahah .... i think he will make himself very yummy. wahahahha .... :P

Friday, November 18, 2005 11:40:00 AM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Wahliao. You and Adrienne are such whores lah... I get to a comp and I see two hustlers trying to out hustle each other. You all ah...

And Barney, forget about life after exams. Romance of the Three Kingdoms X and Civilsation IV is out. I'm going to become a hermit with a PC and internet connection up in the mountains.

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:37:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Nad: Haha, will try to find an attractive, yummilicious and single friend for you! Haha....

Adrienne: SpiSol is totally addictive! It's part of Bill Gate's evil plans to take over the world, serious! And yes, I think LX and Nad will make an absolutely delicious pair! Haha....

Greenie: Adrienne and I damn buay paiseh one! Haha... Anyway I stopped at ROTK VII because I don't know how to run Chinese windows. Damn.

Friday, November 18, 2005 10:16:00 PM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

whose LX? ooooh. yummy ah?

Saturday, November 19, 2005 1:14:00 AM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Barney- I know Adrienne is the buay liao pai type, I relly expected better from you, man. :P

You don't need Chinese windows for ROTK X, as long as you're using Windows XP it should be ok.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 1:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Barney, you don't need windows in chinese to run ROTK X. All I have is Windows XP and it worked fine. I think ROTK X has overcome that limitation. By the way, Gamespot gave Civ IV a 94% rating. You know what that means... Must buy!

Monday, November 21, 2005 11:15:00 AM

 
Blogger FF said...

so unfaithful. And i thought you were a diehard lumix fan.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 2:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

you cannot be more obvious, heheeh...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

Barney, im sick of u not updating. Ur exams are over already right?! better update soon, u arse.

Friday, November 25, 2005 1:34:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Nad: LX is not only damn yummy, he is also tall and works as a senior analyst in a prestigious bank. And he's not even gay! Muahaha!

Greenie: I must be honest: I'm like 10x worst than Adrienne! And, muahaha, it's high time for me to pay those 'friendly neighbourhood software retailers' a visit already.

Vanna: I survived! Survived! Muahaha!

FF: I was a diehard Lumix fan, until I got seduced by your sexy IXUS. Damn. All your fault!

Bochup: Damn freaking busy after exams! I even took the drastic measure of plucking out my monitor just so I have the so-called discipline to finish my work. Damn.

AKK: No what! I very subtle one! Muahaha!

Adrienne: Alright, you're fierce enuff to scare into updating. Happy?!?!

Friday, November 25, 2005 6:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.