Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

There’s something about Why You Should Not Make Decisions On The Spur Of The Moment



Some time during the start of August, I was feeling shitty because of some shitty reasons. So when my long-time buddy asked me whether if I want to join him for the upcoming marathon, I said yes almost immediately. I agreed because I was feeling shitty, and according to extensive research done by the researchers at barneysaurus.blogspot.com, nothing relieves shitty feelings faster than a good round at the tracks. This is better explained graphically by the following equation:


Barneysaurus’ Theorem On Jogging:

Jogging = Removal of Shitty Feelings



Fast forward three months to now, and the shitty mood I was in have since been replaced by an incredibly 幸福 feeling. Since I’m no longer feeling shitty, the above equation fails to apply, and have even taken on a xsinister connotation, better explained graphically by the following equation:


Barneysaurus’ Extended Theorem On Jogging:

Jogging = Shitty Feelings



Alas, the Extended Theorem proved all too true when I dragged myself out of bed yesterday morning, praying for the rain that would have provided me with the best excuse not to jog. Unfortunately, rain, just like pimples, chooses to appear only in the most inappropriate of times and location. So I found myself going left-right-left-right under the blistering morning sun.

My observations over the two odd hours:


1) No babes jog on Tuesday mornings.

2) No babies jog on Tuesday mornings either.

3) Actually, with the exception of yours truly, no one jogs on Tuesday mornings.


By the time I was done with the torturous 21km, I was half-dead, and the only thing on my mind was the word Coke. I seriously wonder how am I going to complete twice that distance come 4th December. In my semi-conscious state, I came up with another equation.


Barneysaurus’ Super Improved And Modified Extended Theorem On Jogging:

Jogging = Shitty



Jogging is so not for dinosaurs.

Signing off, Barneysaurus

13 Comments:

Blogger Adrenaline said...

Firstly, I don't think it's the jogging. i think it's you.

Secondly, when you jog, wouldn't it be like the famous "water in the cup" shaking as in "Jurassic Park"? hahah ...

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Vera said...

i think u should do yoga... i think dinosaurs like you will like it.. hohoho

Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:21:00 PM

 
Blogger kim said...

Tsk tsk.. How can you think that way? How can you think jogging = removal of shitty feelings? 21km...... Good lucks......

Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:48:00 PM

 
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

you are actually able to travel 21km on.your.own? wow. i'd need a pair of roller blades or a bike at least!

maybe as a dinosaur, you'd trample on everyone else, so you'll win by default anyway...

Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Haha who could have known? Anyway take this as a chance to exercise lor.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:03:00 PM

 
Blogger n said...

got 42 km jog one meh? still can join anot? sounds like fun!

Friday, November 11, 2005 1:25:00 AM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Adrienne: Walau! Your Jurassic Park thingy damn corny can? Muahaha! But I like! You're full of shit you piece of shit....

Bochup: I have a lot of friends who partake in such 'exercises' too :D! Eh, the wallet part of the body is exercised very much indeed. Anyway my next paper is coming in 9hrs' time, and I'm on Blogger?!?! Struggling students unite!

Fingers: Walau! Where got dinos like yoga one?!?!?! Anyway, there's this yoga-mama craze thing back here in Singapore. They kind of scare me ok? Haha....

Vanna: Aiyah, the ones with most babes are in KK hospital lor, the baby viewing mall, muahaha!!

Kim: Although the original theorem is not perfect, it is still very much applicable in certain times and situations! Dun shy, come jog jog!

Spyda: No choice, I can't blade nor cycle. I'm quite pathetic lah huh? Muahaha, and I like the trample-everyone part :D!

Zhe Bin: Actually I exercise everyday lah, haha....

Derrick: Too late dude! Applications for this year's StanChart marathon closed earlier than usual due to overwhelming response. There's supposedly another 5,999 runners who're joiniing me for the 42km. And I thought S'poreans are supposed to be lazy?!?!? Haha....

Friday, November 11, 2005 5:29:00 AM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

lol! at least you have the determination to go jog.

im still procrastinating my jogging sessions... lol!

Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Haha. Of course. I've always believed you're a high flying dinosaur. ; )

Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Impressed!

Monday, November 14, 2005 11:42:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Grins. Ten klicks is about it the limit for me. Heh, I really admire you for doing 21, and training up for a full marathon. Jia You!

And you gotta admit lah. Adrienne's joke just put such funny images in my head. Not bad one.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:06:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Nad: Oh trust me, I understand that procrastination feeling all too well ;)

ZHe Bin: TO be frank, I've always wanted to be a pterodactyl, but I grew up to be a T-rex instead. Damn.

LMD: Aiyah, you just went for your operation, otherwise you can double your 10km feat last year ;)

Greenie: Indeed, I do need a hell lot of 'you' for the event. Muahaha! Adrienne is a joker.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

21km ah! wah!!! the singapore marathon issit? wah.....

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:36:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.