Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Saturday, October 01, 2005

There’s something about My Secret Love



Updated!

I knew it the moment when I laid my eyes on her last night, as she laid lost in dreams, an immaculate angel in immaculate white.

That I am in love.

I awoke in fear that my vision was but a dream, until I saw her coming out from the shower, smiling shyly as she dries her hair.

I thus conclude, that I have the cutest three-year old niece in the whole wide world :)

. . . .

Don’t worry folks, even though I hug and prance around with kids a fraction of my age on TV, I’m 100% free of pedophilic tendencies. Serious. And I am really glad they chose me over that Jackson Michael guy during the auditions, heh heh. . . .

The truth is, I don’t have much affinity with kids. During my stint as a waiter, I had to suppress the urge to strangle those eight-year old monsters when they spill ketchup on the table for fun. I also took sadistic pleasure when I saw the disappointed look on their pesky faces when I tell them the dessert of the day is not ice cream, but peaches. To be more specific, yucky canned peaches. Heh heh. . . .

But those kids under five, I can’t resist them. They just have to look at me with their little puppy eyes and I’m tempted to book the tickets to Disneyland already. That was why I felt an incredible urge to get my niece something because not only did she smiled at me with her little puppy eyes, it was Children’s Day too.

But since I am but a poor struggling student, I can only afford Yan Yan, strawberry flavor. Thankfully, my niece is not the materialistic sort, and she was damn happy with the gift. I was damn happy too simply because she loves it, and was over the moon when the dear offered me some of her Yan Yan. Sigh. . . .

I wonder when will I have kids of my own. Given my dismay romantic history, that seems like such a faraway possibility.

Oh well. Happy Children’s Day, everyone. You’re never too old to celebrate.

Signing off, Barneysaurus

Update (1 October 2005, 8:42pm): My niece gave me a kiss when she was leaving. I think she likes me too. Which confirms my suspicions that all kids like Barney :)

Or maybe she really likes the Yan Yan.

12 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Ahhh.. So sweet!! I cant resist little kids too. I think you will fall in love with my meimei (when she was younger, she looked like an angel). But deep down inside, she's really a monster. Don't be fooled by her angelic looks. Really feel like slapping her sometimes. URGH.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:16:00 PM

 
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

wow. you're even worse than the general paedophile! you get them even younger! haha! but... only some kids in the under-5 category are cute.

i dunno. i have no maternal instincts when it comes to kids, babies, etc. have no idea what to do with them.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Oh man. I love kids too. They sure taste wonderful with thick gravy of any kind!

Actually they taste great by themselves too. Glad you like them as well.

*Waves YanYan to Barney's niece*

P.S: Is she a miniature dino?

Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Laughs... Happy Children's Day to you too, Barney.

You're only as old as you feel, or in my case, as you behave...

Sunday, October 02, 2005 11:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

wah lau!!! i tot u tio beh pio already!!! before me!!! haiz! as to loving kids? well, have u seen my MSN pic lately? sighz...that one not even related to me....and i feel like abducting him for myself and save money for his U bills in the future...i dun blame u for going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over ur niece...i would too...

Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

all toddlers are cute. I wish kids can stay as toddlers forever manz.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:16:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Kim: Wah, they way you describe her, I'm sure I'll buy lots of Yan Yan for her if I meet her one. Muahaha....

Vanna: Yup, they're all angels until they evolve into spoilt pesky brats. Grrr.....

Spyda: I don't dare to hold babies because I'm damn scared of dropping them. CHOY CHOY CHOY!

Bochup: Send them to me when they reach 6 or 7 them. Barneysaurus Bootcamp, better than military boarding schools, I promise ;)

Zhe Bin: I prefer them with tartar sauce. And oh, my niece was a miniature pink dino in the morning, until she evolve into a red and blue one during dinner :)

Green Ogre: Thanks! And, muahaha, I think, talk, and act too childish for my own good.

AKK: Wah! You sure plan ahead! Actually, I do too, keke.... I'll force him to be a studing nerd so that he can get a scholarship so thatb I would have to touch my retirement funds, kekekeke....

Adrienne: You know, the thought of you becoming a mother is a rather scary thought. Muahaha!

Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:07:00 PM

 
Blogger caren said...

i love kids too! they are juz soooo cute!! but not when they are in their destructive mode.. haha..

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:46:00 AM

 
Blogger caren said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

what the ...?! what has my comment got to do with me being a mother, u lousy piece of crap??!! don't force me go to ur ulu pandan home and burn it down.

Monday, October 03, 2005 1:14:00 AM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Caren: I'm damn scared of their destructive mode too! I'm close to freaking out every time they come close to my toy collection, keke....

Adrienne: Muahaha, the association just comes to mind lah huh? And dun be so violent leh ;)!

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:39:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

kids...when they do your bidding, they are darlings, when they go against you, you'll feel like 'strangling' them.

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.