Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

There’s something about Why I Don’t Like Clubbing



A few hundred Wednesdays ago, a bad influence a friend by the name of Adrienne brought me on my maiden clubbing trip at this place call Zook. I didn’t like it because of the following reasons:


1) I fell into a drain accidentally just before I reach the place. My first fifteen or so minutes at that nightspot was thus spent in the loo, squeezing rain water out from my pants and socks.

2) The guys there were happily mingling with attractive females, but I only had Pi De and Linx (two males) plus Adrienne (75% male) for company.

3) The place was thick with smoke, and I don’t smoke.

4) The place was meant for people who enjoy alcohol, and I don’t drink.

5) The place was full of people who can’t dance to save their lives, and I’m one of them.


Even though I didn’t like that place, I still enjoyed myself that night because of the company. Heck, I could even be in a fish market, but still enjoy myself if I’m with likeminded shitty people like Adrienne and Linx.

So basically, this post is not really about why I don’t enjoy clubbing.

It’s about why my friends rock :)

I love you guys!

Signing off, Barneysaurus

P.S. To the said ‘rocking’ friends: this post has got absolutely nothing to do with my birthday, which is incidentally coming in about a month’s time. Oh! Totally unrelated, but I was shopping the other day and saw this really nice and small and expensive Sony laptop model number VGN-T37 which would make a very nice birthday gift. That new condo near Orchard, or a sparkling new Toyota Celica sounds damn nice too. I stress again that this has nothing to do with my birthday, which is incidentally coming in about a month’s time.

15 Comments:

Blogger nadnut said...

u sure u dont drink? o.O

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 11:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

i seldom drink, club and pub either! I could count, with 1 hand, the number of times i went to such wateringholes...

Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:01:00 AM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Nad: I drink socially, and only when the situation calls for it ;) I'm taking up wine appreciation just so that I can sound arty-farty and more sophisticated than what I really am, keke....

AKK: I can count with one finger! For this year, keke....

Bochup: I read from the news that S'pore's embarking on a master plan to ban ciggies in the country eventually in 10 years' time. I think my smoker friends will puff extra hard to make up for it, haha....

Vanna: Yup, it's always the company ;)

Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Aiya I thought I can see what your friend Adrienne has to say.

You're probably right lah. If you don't like smoke, and doesn't drink, clubbing wouldn't be fun at all. However, if you got the chicks.. different story right? Hahaha.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

kaoz, how many times do u want to tok abt ur virgin trip to zouk? And I didn't bring u there, u willing went there urself to see if u can get lucky hor .....
and what the hell, 75% male?! it's 50% okay?!
And why do u want a toyota Celica? u don't even have a bloody license.
but being the "good" friend that i am, i have already decided what to get ur for ur birthday present. a nice crocodile brand brief. Neon green colour one.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:25:00 AM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

good. then u can teach me about wine. *cough: big hint on asking u out*

Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:24:00 AM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Zhe Bin: When I wanna have 'chicks' I always go KFC. Muahaha!

Adrienne: You ARE 75% male what... or slightly more ;) And oh! The Celica will serve as a nice enough incentive for me to get the licence. BTW you did bought me briefs before! You and Edward got me that for my 21st, walau :D!

Nadnut: I'm sure you know more about wine than me! You're from hopsi what, keke.... And paiseh lah, *cough cough* my heart has been taken over by someone who likes to wear a pair of red, white, and blue sneakers, keke *cough cough*

Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:52:00 PM

 
Blogger kim said...

Wah seh.. Your hints VERY BIG huh? It's a good thing that I still cant spot you I guess. Hahahaha..

Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Barney- Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't do clubbing these days, although I used to. When I was but a mere fifty seven years old. I can't hold a drink to save my life, though I liked the music and dancing bits.

*nudges* You should go and learn about wine, so that you can teach. If not wine, then other things lah. People already drop you like titan-sized hint.

*Poke* Otherwise, I will come with Adrienne on your birthday and poke poke you.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Oh, and when is your birthday? We'll see about getting you that Toyota Celica. Grins.

By the way, just in case, you're wondering. I'm not gay...

Friday, September 23, 2005 1:34:00 AM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

i got too many guys briefs that i no longer recall.
anyway, for ur comment on me being 75% or more male, i will make sure u will never forget this year's birthday.

Friday, September 23, 2005 3:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Vera said...

hahaha! got your hint!! :D

Friday, September 23, 2005 3:04:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Kim: Yah, very big! Haha, so how, you wanna sponsor the car or condo? Haha....

Green Ogre: Yah rite, that's what they all say.... MuahahU!! Kidding! Since Adrienne is homophobic I'll just assume all her friends are straight.

Adrienne: Oh, I'm not free this year lor! Last year went ECP with you all, and I end up flunking a paper. Your fault sia.

Fingers: Cool! Does Fat Fingers have a fat wallet too? Keke....

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:28:00 PM

 
Blogger kim said...

I sponsor your condo...'s toilet paper. ok? Kleenex ok? Not bad you know, branded toilet paper! Haha..

Friday, September 23, 2005 5:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

Adrienne is not homophobic. And too much of not being a homophobic.

Friday, September 23, 2005 5:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.