Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Friday, September 16, 2005

There’s something about My Missed Date With Ono Lisa



Being a big fan of her, I was naturally thrilled the other day when I received this flyer: Ono Lisa’s coming for her maiden concert in Singapore.

The bad news is that the concert happens to fall on the evening before an exam. Damn.

I can think of several good reasons not to go for the concert, with the first one being the jeopardization of my exams. Secondly, I can save a lot of money, or get her CDs instead.

The final reason is that I’ll be watching the concert alone. I have watched movies all by myself before, but I’m not too sure if I can handle a full-length concert. I bet it will feel weird.

Then I recalled something I read a long time ago, probably by someone very famous and probably very dead: Life is too short for regrets. And I don’t want to regret having missed Ono Lisa. My exams can be prepared before hand; the money can always be earned back again; I don’t mind being on my own at times.

So I went to book my ticket online.

I think I made a great decision because I was allocated a great seat: dead centre, and just a few rows from the front. I happily proceeded to check-out.

And that was when the booking system screwed up on me. Apparently, the system couldn’t recognize my card, which entitles me to a good discount. I am too lazy to call the staff to sort things out.

And that’s how I missed my date with Ono Lisa.

Signing off, Barneysaurus

5 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

You are really sway man.. After making such a tough decision, you still cant make it. Hahaha..

Friday, September 16, 2005 11:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Next time, you can give me a ring. Went to check out her website and she seems good. (Of course, they all seem good on their website.) Have never listened to Bossa Nova before and I'm curious.

You like plays and stuff? There's a bunch of us that like to attend such stuff sometimes. Can keep you in the loop to see if you're interested.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

but nevermind, u din lose money in the bargain too, did u? there will always be chances to catch later.:)

Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:52:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Kim: You're definitely spot-on about the suay part ;)....

Green Ogre: She's way good! Can lend you the CD if we ever get to meet someday! Haha... I'm more into Jazz than plays... did managed to catch Buble when he was in town in... 2003? Haha....

AKK: Haha, didn't lose money... otherwise more sian :)

Saturday, September 17, 2005 4:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

I'll give most things a try once. Well, I do like classical music and plays. Most of the jazz I do listen to are the oldies like Fitzgerald and big band jazz.

Monday, September 19, 2005 1:16:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.