Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Saturday, September 10, 2005

There’s something about The New Blog Name & That Birthday Dinner



When I started this blog thingy a week or so back, I named it The New Adventures of Barneysaurus as a homage to The New Adventures of Bobbin by the utterly brilliant local freelance cartoonist Joycelyn Yik. I totally dig her works because the funny recollections of school, exams and crushes make me feel like a giggling schoolgirl all over again, except that I have ever been a giggling schoolgirl before of course. Heh heh.

In view of my proneness to suayness however, I have decided that The Misadventures of Barneysaurus will be a more apt title instead. So I changed it.

*Roars!*

. . . .

In another ten or so hours, Adrienne will fall officially under the ‘late twenties’ category. We had a good early celebration last night, though the presence of Missing Friend #01 (in the process of morphing into Dr Missing Friend #01 in down under), Missing Friend #02 (who promptly disappeared after her wedding), and Missing Friend #03 (who usually don’t reply your SMSes unless you are a very desirable female) were sorely missed.

But it’s ok, because all the Non-Missing Friends (#01 to #06, including Adrienne and Barney) were there. As usual, not everyone was on time, and we also spent a very long time deciding on where to eat. We eventually decided on Kenny Roger’s because it’s the year of the Rooster.

Miscellaneous lessons I learnt over dinner:


1) Safeguard your food. My friends showed how greedy they can be when they helped themselves to my mashed potatoes while I was busy SMSing.

2) Burger King discount coupons are not really ideal birthday presents.

3) Neither are Kenny Roger’s muffins, which we also tried to pass off as a birthday cake.

4) Try not to crack lame jokes when your friend is trying to swallow panadols. Especially if the said friend has a history of spurting water uncontrollably. Through the nose.


In short, we had great fun while doing pretty much about nothing, and only left after the staff cleared our table really noisily. I also suspect they turned off the aircon.

To Adrienne: Hope you had fun at that Nun Bar place after we left. You can collect your BK coupons and Barney VCD from me the next time we meet. Peace!

Signing off, Barneysaurus

7 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

I'm actually surprised you didnt give her MacDonald's coupons since you like MacDonald's so much. Hehe.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

No matter how many birthday candles I blow out, I'm always 21. And I always will be!! MUahahahah ....

And if it wasnt for u and ur load of crap, your friend wouldn't have squirted the water out from her mouth. And nose. It also goes to show that suayness is highly contagious.

OH, i did have fun. The nun place is barnone, u twit. read abt it abt my blog soon.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 10:35:00 PM

 
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

wow. i love having fun doing nothing at all too! that's the way to go! :)

and omg. i can't believe you called barnone the 'nun bar'! cmi lah!

Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Heh, good to hear you guys had fun. Sianz, my turn next to pretend to be happy at her birthday. (Her birthday so what? Big deal meh? My birthday got elephants turn cartwheels and do triple somersaults off trampolines one, you know?)

Heehee.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 9:49:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Kim: I wanted to, but I couldn't find any! Actually, I prefer BK over Mc's :)

Adrienne: YOu being delusional as usual ;) How I wish Peter was there too!

Spyda: Aiyah, what nun bar and barnone... the same lah, keke....

Green Ogre: Wah! Can I get invited to your birthday then? Keke... In return you can come for mine. Got prancing dinosaurs performing!

Monday, September 12, 2005 6:59:00 AM

 
Blogger Cake said...

I love bday celebrations. So fun.. to sabo the birthday person.

And very nice memories always.

"I love youuuuu youuuu love meeeee we areeee happpppyyyyy familyyyyyy."

Don't pray pray last time everyday 7.00pm i will watch!

Monday, September 12, 2005 10:56:00 AM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Sure Barney, You're invited to my next birthday celebration. And you know what the neat part is? If we ever run out of food, we can eat the guests that don't bring presents.

I'll bring some music from the Taiko Drums so that your dinosaurs have some beat to prance to.

Monday, September 12, 2005 11:25:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.