Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Monday, September 12, 2005

There’s something about The Joys of Jogging



A friend popped this question to me while we were having dinner about a month back:


He: So are you ever going to give that four-lettered word that begins with a capital L a try again?

Me: . . . . Frankly, I have no idea. Damn scared about this kind of thing already.

He: You know something? What you need is a good jog. My mind always clears when I go for a run.

Me: I think you are right.

Me: Let’s join the marathon then.


So I found myself jogging a really long 16km yesterday evening. After all the training, I’m really hoping that it won’t rain when 4th December finally comes.

To that friend, if you ever happen to read this: I am incredibly scared about getting hurt and hurting someone again, but I guess I will give that four-lettered word that begins with a capital L a try again when I meet that special someone who is worth the risk of it all.

Red, white, and blue sneakers. . . .

Signing off, Barneysaurus

10 Comments:

Blogger nadnut said...

me wanna go jog too!

Monday, September 12, 2005 9:43:00 PM

 
Blogger kim said...

16km? Please kill me first..

Monday, September 12, 2005 11:23:00 PM

 
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

awww... sho shweet. good luck finding the One.

and with the run.

eh. it rhymes. :P

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:40:00 AM

 
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Oh. What about the ice skating club?!

= P

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Heh, I won't be joining you for the run.Been put off such things after being coerced to do the Army Half Marathon and the Macritchie cross country. I don't like being forced into stuff. As such, have developed a dislike for organised runs.

And as for the BIG L, keep the faith. Good things may eventually come around. Though do take note, sometimes we keep waiting for the special someone that we miss being special to someone. You know what I mean? I mean just keep an open mind and try not get too fixated on "special" qualities. Quite a few I know have missed the boat that way.

Here's wishing everyone out there finds their happiness!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

Four lettered word? How come I only think of the word that begins with capital "F"? wahahha .... and jogging will also help the "not having so much Fxxx" too. hahah ...

all jokes aside, i have faith that ur special someone is on the way. She may already be in your life! Maybe it's ........ BQT?!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:59:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Nad: Do jog! Jogging is damn good! Muahaha....

Kim: If you tell 16km a year back, I would say 'No way!'

Spyda: I love rhymes! Muahaha... Oh yah, The One....

Bochup: If I throw in free shopping into your scenario, I think you wouldn't mind 42km too ;)

Zhe Bin: Ice skating? What ice skating?!?! Muahaha....

Green Ogre: Actually, I'm just after the Adidas sponsored shirts you get from the run. Ha! And oh! That special someone might just be a very simple someone, but in my eyes, she will be the most special someone and I resolve to treat that special simple someone specially. Muahaha!

Adrienne: To put it simply, your mind is screwed after your nun bar outing. BQT?!?! Shudders....

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

16 klicks for an Addidas shirt? Man... you must really like Addidas...

Grins.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 1:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

wah.....so envious, but i couldn't lift my legs...hehehe....

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:33:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Green Ogre: he scary thing is, 16 klicks doesn't even cover half of the eventual distance... I need more dino chow to keep me going!

Deneng: The full cool 42.195km. 80 days to race day!

AKK: Don't worry, you have your power rider! Muahaha....

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:23:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.