Possibly fictitious, Positively ridiculous, Potentially delirious

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

There’s something about The Fine Art of Bullshitting



I was in this utterly boring beneficial career workshop a couple of weeks ago. During the few moments when I was triumphant in my fight against the Zzzz Monster, I think I actually managed to grasp what the lecturers were trying to say about interviews: Always stress about how good you are.

That sounds deceptively simple, especially if you are a high-flying dean lister (I have a 4000cc brain!) with stellar co-curricular records (I won the US Open the other day!). I’m in a perpetual state of depression because while there are too many overachievers in the uni, I am perpetually under-achieving.

For slacking bums like me, my wise lecturers have this follow up: If you have nothing good to say, then stress about how good your bad points are.

I shall valiantly give their suggestion a try:


I am very involved in social and community work. That is, I always part with 5 cents to drive away the pesky flag-sellers on weekends.

My hobbies include wine appreciation. That is, I drink beer a lot.

I am in tune with the latest happenings in the IT industry. That is, I spend my weekends on computer games and bargain hunting in Sim Lim.

I read the latest periodicals. That is, those ‘man-entertainment’ magazines.

I dare to take calculated risk. That is, I buy 4D.

I am very active in sports. That is, I watch ESPN frequently.

I am experienced in event management. That is, I organize the mahjong gatherings for my kakis.

I am able to work well independently. That is, I am anti-social.

I am able to work well in groups. That is, I leech on my project-mates well.

I am make use of all available resources. That is, I will bring the office stationery home.

I multi-task well. That is, I always procrastinate on my work, and the projects just keep piling up.

I like to communicate. That is, I spend too much time chatting on MSN.

I have great dreams and ambitions. That is, I would like to take over your job someday.

I am plan my finances carefully. That is, I am stingy.

I am a generous person. That is, I am a spendthrift.

I am a fan of the fine arts. That is, the fine art of bullshitting.


I'll like to stress the above points are not about me. I mean, I've never heard of any dinos who drinks, steals stationery, and plays 4D and mahjong.

Signing off, Barneysaurus

11 Comments:

Blogger nadnut said...

i like this post! heh.

anyway, miss n and miss a has decided to stalk/tag/annoy mr b till he gives in to our whims for a dinner next week.

*STALK STALK STALK*

*TAG TAG TAG*

*ANNOY ANNOY ANNOY*

eh miss a! do also leh. heh

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:20:00 AM

 
Blogger kim said...

Wine appreciation = beer drinking?!?!

You sure have a way with words ar.. I give it to you. *APPLAUSE!!*

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Grins. No, I'm sure dinos won't do that. Can't make such claims when it comes to ogres...

*Rip and Snatch!*
There I've got your job as well...

Hahahaha...
*Resounding Evil Laughter

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Adrenaline said...

why don't you add that you are very enthusiastic about this job u're apply for? That is, u're willing to blow whoever it takes to get you the position.

la la la la la .......

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:19:00 PM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Nad: Aiyoh! Haha... AKK too busy with her A already lah ;)

Kim: Nay, I dun have a way with words. I just happen to bullshit well! Haha....

Green Ogre: Walau! Everything also snatch! Haha.... Eh, actually my dream job is to be a kept man lah, ok?

Adrienne: Eh, I dun wanna be a clown, so I blow balloons for what? Haha....

Vanna: Who? What? When? Haha....

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

You are very creative cos' you like to role play. But you only act Barney. HAHAHA!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:27:00 PM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

NO LOR!!!

u never give us face one! hmmmmmph!

*STALK STALK STALK*

*TAG TAG TAG*

*ANNOY ANNOY ANNOY*

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:21:00 AM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

Zhe Bin: What roleplay?!?!? I am Barneysaurus! Muahahaha! *Roars*

Nad: Haha... you're too kind.... Must be the after-effects of your red-bull challenge :D!

Bochup: I did intensive bicep training too, during shopping trips with The Ex. Ha! And goodness, dry swimming? I love this tai tai already :D!

Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

hahahah...ur resume shall be extremely fantastic....and since nad keep saying hor...okok...

*stalk* abit....

then shy away...

Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:53:00 PM

 
Blogger nadnut said...

shall irritate u till u give in!

*STALK STALK STALK*

*TAG TAG TAG*

*ANNOY ANNOY ANNOY*

Friday, September 30, 2005 2:03:00 AM

 
Blogger barneysaurus said...

AKK: Stalks are no good, unless they are stalks of flowers! Muahahah.... Ok, I know, very lame.

Bochup: I can so empathize with the struggling student bit lor! And I can't even afford a lappy! Muahahahhaha....

Milktea: Hmmm... must be because you're full of shit like me! Haha... that's a compliment hor?

Nadnut: Hard lah, my skin very thick one ;)

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.